Arthur Ellis, a Disabled Veteran, has been a Charles County resident for 22 years. He is a community activist, youth leader, and member of the Charles County NAACP Hall of Fame. Arthur is a former Air Force officer, Disabled Veteran , and Certified Public Accountant who fights for equality and excellence. A lifelong Democrat, Arthur is grateful to be the Democratic Nominee to the Maryland Senate. He is also a devoted husband and father.
Here are the issues Arthur Ellis will work on in Annapolis on behalf of Charles County residents:
- Transportation – Upgrade Route 301/5 and 210. Expand the Maryland Commuter Train Service (MARC) to service Charles County.
- Safety and Security – Make crimes against children the #1 priority.
- Education – World class education for every child.
- Quality of Life – Build Senior Centers, Youth Centers and Drug Treatment clinics around the county.
- Living Wage – Provide a business – friendly living wage.
- Homelessness – Provide funds to house homeless population.
- Jobs- Broad advertising of every job opening.
- Zoning – Compensation for land/ property owners.