The Charles County Democratic Central Committee (CCDCC) is seeking nominations for their annual Truman Kennedy Obama (TKO) Dinner Awards. This year the CCDCC will award the following:
• Labor Award – represented by a local trade union member, FOP, IAFF or a school union member. Awardees should be a member or representative of a local trade, FOP, IAFF or school union. Awardees should work to strengthen the ties between unions and the Democratic Party. Awardees should work to foster a place within the union where Democratic Party ideals can flourish and vice versa. Awardee should work to bring union leadership and members to support Democratic Party causes and events.
• Business Award – represented by someone from the local business community or economic development interests. Awardee should be a business owner or business development leader within the county. Awardee should work within the business community to strengthen ties between business and the Democratic Party. Awardee should work to bring business leaders and owners to support Democratic Party causes and events. Awardee should plan, hold or participate in events within the business community to strengthen the economic power and impact of middle-and lower-class citizens within the county. Awardees will foster processes and practices within the business community to strengthen and benefit the Democratic Party.
• Community Award – represented by someone with civic involvement. Awardees should be involved in community, civic organizations. Awardees should work to strengthen the ties between these civic organizations and the Democratic Party. Awardees should work to bring community participation to support Democratic Party causes and events. Awardees should work with their civic organizations to practice the ideals of the Democratic Party to make a significant and measurable impact on the community resulting in its betterment and a positive reflection on all Democrats.
These Awards recipients represent the Democrat of the Year for each of the respective categories. Additionally, all nominees must meet the following requirements:
• A resident of Charles County
• A registered Democrat
• An outstanding representative who worked to strengthen and benefit the Democratic Party ideals
Please complete the nomination form below and email the form to CCDCCWeb@gmail.com, add TK Award Nomination in the subject line, or mail it to CCDCC, ATTN: TKO Awards, P.O. Box 2710, La Plata, MD 20646.